Professional Training in Mindfulness Interventions
Francine has received her Certificate of Completion in Level I Foundations of Mindfulness Interventions from the Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic in July 2014. This training program provides professionals with a base for developing mindfulness skills and a foundational understanding of Mindfulness Interventions.
This training program included:
- An 8-week Mindfulness for Health Care Professionals courses offered at the Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic
- One day Silent Retreat at the Vanier Community Centre
- Guided self-study of current research and books on the Theory and Philosophy of Mindfulness, and the Fundamentals of Mindfulness Interventions
- 3 day Heart of Mindfulness Retreat at the Galilee Centre in Arnprior from June 13 – 15th, 2014
- 3 day Teacher Training Retreat hosted by the Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic at St. Paul University from July 11-13, 2014
Francine had been following a self-led meditation practice since August 2012, gradually developing the wish to pursue this in greater depth and formality. She has added to this a complementary and regular yoga practice since March 2013.
Francine formalized her 14 years of Management Consulting experience in coaching individuals and groups with a course in Life Coaching in the spring of 2013. She is now certified by ExpertRating receiving a Life Coach Certification (Expert Level).
Francine worked approximately 17 years in the Canadian Federal Public Service and 14 years in the private sector as an Information Technology management consultant. Since 2009, Francine has been focusing on individual wellness.